Possible Experience Level Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Experience Level Error

Post  Lauritz on Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 2:06

My second avatar, Solo, is stuck in Part 9 of FMT.

I don't think any of the follow qualifies as a spoiler; however, this is a heads up just in case.

I started Part 9 with an Experience Level (EL) of 80.  After talking to Blake my EL increased to 81.  After completing FMT18 my EL increased to 82.  When I completed FMT19 my EL did not increase as expected to 83.  I think this is preventing me from starting my trek across the Lake.  Did I miss something or did I encounter a glitch in the game?  I appreciate any help you can give me.

By the way, you have done a phenomenal job with this FMT Quest.  I really appreciate the additional spice you have added to URU.

Thank you!!!

Lauritz

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible Experience Level Error

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 11:44

You're right Lauritz. There was a bug because of  the translation of FMT in several languages.
It's fixed now.
Thank you for letting me noticed!

Solo exp level  is now 83.
Good luck for the future!

alien

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 17:16

I don't know if this is related, I have had experiences where I did not get experience points too. This is what I Have discovered, well, at least what I think I have discovered.

First, I have 5 Avatars that I use to go through the Treasure Hunt. I think it started in Bahros nest where the interaction with the Treasure bots became very lengthy at times. At any rate, I noticed that when the bot was busy with an explorer, he/she was unresponsive. To the point where I had to repeat a command when the bot became free. It wasn't until the last part (city of light) when it seemed that, and this is partly due to not knowing when the bot was finished and also due to being impatient, when I issued a new command before the bot had finished with my previous command, I would get the response from the second command but not the experience points. with all but one avatar, when I walked through the light and arrived in Kadish Gallery, I issued 3 commands (if I knew how to use spoiler I would list the commands) that should return an experience points in a row but only received 2 points. As I went back in my mind with the other times I didn't get any points, I remembered that they all had this in common. I entered a command before the previous command was finished.

So, when Solo (Lauritz) asked me for so help in this issue, I asked if he entered a new command before the previous command had finished. He responded that he might have. I know that this is not conclusive, but I feel sure enough that it warrants looking into.

Thanks for the great job on FMT, I hope to see more from you in the future.

PS, My avatar Optimyst is experiencing this very issue (missing an experience point).

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 1 Feb 2015 - 20:29

Hello VBCoder.
Your last comment is quite interesting.

You should know that I am using my own internet connection to support the robots that are in place for the FMT and The Magic Worlds.
This connection is very unstable where I am and more, I have to line 4 instances of Uru for it.

That's why it may take more or less time between  a player sends command to the robot and when it answers.

But in any case, the robot stores your command and responds whenever it can.
But if your experience level is not increasing. is:
or that it should not increase at that time.
or there has been a crash of the robot or a bug in the script. In this case, it is good to let me know, so I can fix the error.

PS, My avatar Optimyst is experiencing this very issue (missing an experience point).

Is this the same problem as Lauritz experienced?

In that case I can correct your Exp Level.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:42

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top