Questions and tips for Part 1

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Questions and tips for Part 1

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Fri 3 Jan 2014 - 18:56

hello, kirk and i just finished FTM3  but........ without taking one marker ! actually we didn't know how to take 2 markers, Lu kindly showed us how to take one (THANK YOU LU  Like a Star @ heaven) and for the other  - she didn't know how to take it herself. well, we actually guessed immediately where the key marker is but that is beside the point. firstly we were under the impression that we won't be able to progress in the game if we don't take all the markers which obviously was not the case because we did. secondly, if the markers are there we would like to take them all but some are really very difficult even for experienced players. so how to take them if there is nobody that knows ? we are sad that we left one marker behind and not taken and that there was nobody to show us how to do it. anyway, i know michel is busy, he has a life like we all do and can't be in the game all the time, and that's perfectly all right, but then, maybe, those markers should be re-placed and put on less difficult places, because it is not a combo or skydiving quest after all, it a treasure quest that is already demanding in a different way. adding skydiving challenges to it makes the game a bit less fun than it could be. i know we could go around and NOT take all the markers but as i said it doesn't feel well......... and although the other players told us they did the same, we feel like we cheated :(so if anyone wants or knows how to take ALL the FTM3 markers please show us. there is actually only one marker that we don't know how to take. thank you

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Fri 3 Jan 2014 - 19:23

@ Zesty:

I know how to grab every markers of the FMT3. One of them as to be taken by using Victor's instruction about a piece of equipment you should owned. For that, you must have found it in the first place. This marker is under the arches of the library.

All the other markers including the one "high up" over a construction big orange sign are easily reachable using run-jumps. Sure they can be grabbed with advanced skydiving techniques but not necessarily. Michel intended this game to be for the general public and it is.  Wink

BTW, I also found the "reward" marker before finishing the game as I was exploring every parcels of that area  Laughing 

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Fri 3 Jan 2014 - 20:29

So!

Zesty, I just  checked the #2 with Mister Magic and I can tell you
that you can grab it with a JUMPUP 1! You only need to be at the right place.

If, you or others players can't, maybe  you missed an important object.
( I don't tell that you don't have this object, Zesty Wink)

For the marker #1, i have understood you catched it.
Maybe I misunderstood.
I grab it without difficulties.
As Anna just told you.
I ll check again if with a JUMPUP 1 it will be possible. I ll do it this evening.

Please, don't forget it s a game. A funny game. No need to replace these two markers if we can to grab it, this is only my opinion.
In MOULa, when you play to URU you need to search, spend a lot of time, ask help to others.
Right?
So, why it should be different for a magic game?

So, take your time! ( even if your time on the game is short)

ps: In the part one of the game we can only do a JUMPUP 1.

sunny

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 10377

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Fri 3 Jan 2014 - 21:15

Hi Zesty.

I can assure you that it's no need to use special skydiving technique to get markers in the FMT  Very Happy 

But, in FMT3 markers game, you must be just on the right place to do the action that Annabelle and Lu explained before.

The Fabulous Magical Treasure is a game that takes me many many times to write ( More than one month for the 1rst part and there will be  10 parts in total ! I'm writing the 2d part and hope it will be online in February.). You have time. There is no need to run...
You must search, search and again search. 

It's a Role playing  game. you need increase experience to progress and find objects to make some actions.
I hope that this game inside the game will give again the pleasure to share between players. that's the goal of Uru Live and it is in this spirit that I designed the game.cheers

I hope you like play the game as I like to write it.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Fri 3 Jan 2014 - 22:41

Hello Again Zesty,

As I told you earlier I just checked how do to grab the FMT3 Markers.

The whole markers of the FMT3 are reachable for the both genders (female or male)
only if using the "Normal" MOULa Client.

Don't use the Skydiving Client, you won't be able to grab them.

sunny

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Sat 4 Jan 2014 - 14:47

LuMagic wrote:
Don't use the Skydiving Client, you won't be able to grab them.

sunny

I had a heart attack reading this.  Laughing 

Seriously, there are some minor differences in physics between the 2 clients and some are at the advantages of the normal client (but really just some minor things)

Mister Magic wrote:The Fabulous Magical Treasure is a game that takes me many many times to write ( More than one month for the 1rst part and there will be 10 parts in total ! I'm writing the 2d part and hope it will be online in February.).

Et moi qui comptait faire fortune prochainement...c'est partie remise  Wink Very Happy 

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Sat 4 Jan 2014 - 15:39

@Anna  Very Happy

Only for this Markers game!

Je reprends ma langue natale.
Après avoir testé avec le SdClient, sans faire de skydiving, en essayant de cueillir simplement les markers
avec les outils du magic game j'ai contasté une impossibilité.
Et ce soit avec un avvi mâle ou soit avec un avvi féminin.

Avec le SdClient, les avatars doivent faire un jumpup 1 pour le markers sur la quille
de travaux et un jumpup 2 pour le marker le long du mur de la bibliothèque. Le jumpup 2 n'étant pas autorisé à ce moment du jeu...
Alors qu'avec le Client MOULa je n 'ai eu aucun prob.

Si tu as une autre solution, sans skydiving,  je suis preneuse.

Ne tombe pas malade, Anna. ça m ennuierait beaucoup.   Laughing  sunny

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Sat 4 Jan 2014 - 18:33

annabelle, lu is right. we took the FMT3 marker #2 marker easily with jumpup 1 command in NORMAL client while whatever we tried we could not do it in skydiving. and who would have guessed that we have to change clients to take it ?  Evil or Very Mad 

anyway we have another problem now. i have to ask here because in the game often nobody responds Sad  i suppose people are busy playing or halping others ... anyway we should not play a game by relying on other people. but often we really need to ask because some sentences simply don't make any sense in English  What a Face 

now the PROBLEM:

there is a lamp in the pub (we received the picture of it from the bot) that when found says it is hiding something... well we could not see anything. the lamp was removed when we said 'search' but we saw nothing there. the same is with the imager in the pub. it says it hides something but we can't see anything. please help. thanks

and also, to rebuild the bridge we are missing the rope. any hints ?

also how to get out of the library area, canyon area or any area WITHOUT using portals (that eat our magic power) or command 'dropmeto' ? is there any other way ?

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Sat 4 Jan 2014 - 19:29

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:
. but often we really need to ask because some sentences simply don't make any sense in English  What a Face 

affraid

hmm, about a certain RESERVE. I ckecked here : http://www.wordreference.com/fren/r%C3%A9serve

I think Mister Magic has a sense of humour!  Very Happy  Then, we have to imagine, search, find and we have to enjoy our game moment.
 sunny  sunny  sunny 

Now, about the Lamp inside Kahlo Pub.
Mister Magic said you how to do then...Good luck Smile

The rope :
If you don't get it yet, you have to search it. I can't tell anymore here.  Wink

And for your last question.
It seems you know the answer.
We can use : teleport, dropmeto. But you are right this has a cost!  Sometimes we need to buy food or... Cool

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 4:43

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:and also, to rebuild the bridge we are missing the rope. any hints ?

A hint::
Have you ever noticed how many doors there are in the city?

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Collecting KI markers

Post  Ainia on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 9:14

Shorah everyone,

I am having trouble figuring out how to tell if I've collected a KI marker or not. They do not show up as clickables/hotspots and they do not make sounds and my KI does not register any colored squares. But after I see them, they disappear and I can't find them again. Does this mean I've collected them? If so, am I supposed to have a new set of coordinates from them? So far, I get nothing at all.

This is so confusing…  Sad 

Another thing that's confusing: some of the things I've collected are not showing in my inventory. If I go back to recollect them, the bot tells me I already have them but they still do not show in my inventory. And an object I've already used is still showing in my inventory, so does this mean we can reuse these objects anywhere we want? 

And how do I tell the bot I want to use an object from my inventory? I couldn't find any instructions about this anywhere. if I tell the bot "[objectname]" the bot doesn't understand.

Ainia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 11:16

Hello Ainia.

1. About KI markers red/green.
These markers are not used in this first part of the game. They will be a puzzle to solve later. So you do not care for the moment.

2. Only objects used throughout the game are visible in your inventory.
Objects that are used to solve a specific puzzle are taken into account by the robot but do not appear in your permanent inventory.
I see what objects it is. Do not worry, it will become clear to you at the end of this level. Laughing 
The amount of an object can remain stable (eg hammer) or may decrease if used or increase if you find new ones (such as keys).
To use an object, it is always necessary that his name appears in your inventory. This means that the number is at least equal to 1.
So, yes, you can reuse an object until you see his name in the inventory. Otherwise, it is replaced by a "?".

3. How to use an object ?
You have get information about the use of these objects.
Where?
a. PM the bot: "Help" for receiving general assistance.
b. Seeking (SEARCH command) certain objects in the city will give you an explanation.
c.  Interviewing the characters you meet in the city. Place yourself in the place where they are usually or near them if you see them and PM: INFO.
d. Useful information is also given by the readers of the city (near the tent DRC on the plazza and library).  Put yourself next two and sends command:  TIP.
e. Also asks the other players. Maybe they will give you a hint ... It is a sharing game, do not forget Smile

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

Back to top Go down

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 18:51

Hello, everyone  Smile  Kirk and I didn't have our /startlog today on  affraid , never mind why but it happened. The thing is we found the code "*****" (edited by Mister magic) in the pub and got the FMT4 game but lost the instruction text where it says what we have to do with those markers and where to find them.  It was something about solving the riddle……. No lectures needed about how important is to have /startlog on please  No . We can assure you we do know that but it happened we didn’t and the bot didn’t want to repeat the instructions the second time we sent him the "*****" code. So if anyone has it please post it here. Thank you.

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 18:52

Dear Explorers,

Don't forget to run /startlog.

The bot gives you a lots of  informations, details.

@Zesty, I just sent you a KImail with the text you have lost.  sunny

Last edited by LuMagic on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:13; edited 1 time in total

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:05

Zesty wrote:and the bot didn’t want to repeat the instructions the second time we sent him the "*****" code

Please try again Zesty, I'm sure the bot will send you the info again Smile

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:28

got it thanks  bounce 

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Peke on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 22:09

Hello my friends.  Smile 

Is the place where D'ni$ is hidden several places in City?
I have yet found only two places.
Is there the key in City how many?
Is the door which opened out not opened again once when I sell them?

Peke
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:37

Hi Peke

1. Dni$ : 8 places where you can found them 
2. Keys : 12
3. To open a door you must first knock on it and  you need a key of course to unlock it. Then you can open it with command Opendoor.
But some doors are always locked !

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Mon 6 Jan 2014 - 18:55

hello, kirk and i reached level 10, very close to finishing the 1st part of the game  sunny  yay   bounce 
now we have a question: is there a possibility that we reached this level and that there are still some (important) items that we didn't find ? perhaps it is possible to reach level 10 without finding all objects and without opening all doors  Question because we still have one key left and apparently we can't do anything with it. also we didn't find the wretched cook book in the pub. smashed all stones, tore the place apart but the book remained hidden study Sad so please advise. thanks
btw great game. we are really enjoying it - THANK YOU MICHEL !!!  I love you 

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Tue 7 Jan 2014 - 10:33

Level 10 ? Great  Zesty and Kirk.
You are next to the end of the first part  Very Happy 

All 12 keys are used in the first part, so if you left one, is that you forgot a door.
But I've checked your inventory and I see that you have used all keys. So I don't understand you say that you left one  Question 

If you reached the level 10 its' because you solved all puzzles of the first part.

About the cook book of Victor.
The first time you want enter into the pub of Kahlo with the command you know well  Wink , Victor explains you how to find his cook book.
After, when you come again and say the same command near the barriers, when to gate opens, you have exactly 60 sec to find the cook book and say the code you know  to increase your life force.
The cook book is not hidden under an object but appears only during the 60 sec the Kahlo pub is opened. But the place where the cook book appears may change every time.

See you.

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 2:22

I never had any difficulty finding the new location of the cook book. In 5 to 10 sec, I'm locating the book then I just need to stand over it and send the code to the bot. You might even stand over the discovered book before the countdown really started. I've done that once. I was with Mirfak and I said to him after I regained my life force that it was such an easy catch, the book was standing right on the counter.  Cool 

What you can do Zesty, given you have enough time, is to replay from scratch the first part. I know some guys did that, like Lu for instance. She has replayed the whole first part at least 3 times (as far as I know). This way, you can gain more confidence & take down better notes of the objects gathered, infos given, etc. Michel is not ready yet to release the 2nd length so you have more than plenty of time to redo the whole 1st length.  sunny

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Peke on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 2:39

Everybody advance forward!  cheers 
I cannot readily advance.  Embarassed 

This is my status of the present.

Experience: 7, Life Force: 19, Magical Power: 6, Dni$: 7
Obj1: 0, Potion: 3, Energizer: 10, Obj4: 0, Obj5: 0, Obj6: 0, Obj7: 0, Obj8: 0, Obj9: 0, Obj10: 0
I have sold the Hammer and the Key and the Spring.  Sad 
I cannot jump to the high place without opening a door.  No 
It is only one Key now that I can buy it.

Must I look for Dni$?  scratch 
Or is there the thing that I should do it elsewhere?

LOL... rire

Peke
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 12:44

Peke wrote:Experience: 7, ..., Dni$: 7
I have sold the Hammer and the Key and the Spring.  Sad 
I cannot jump to the high place without opening a door.  No 

Must I look for Dni$?  scratch 

LOL... rire

You only miss 3 points of Experience which is quite an advancement in the game!

You seem to be short on Dni$ though. I had at one occasion 35 Dni$ but I bought some magic potions. You should look for more Dni$ indeed!

Why have you sold your hammer, a key, and the spring? You only acquire 7 Dni$ out of these sells but now you are blocked... Try to find more Dni$ then buy back the missing objects, finish the whole 1st part.

I would then suggest you to replay the whole first part again starting from scratch to start on a clean slate.

Keep on the good work!  Very Happy 

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

How do I restart FMT?

Post  Ainia on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 17:15

Shorah again,

I'm still having trouble seeing the KI markers (they keep disappearing from view); and even though they are the red kind, they make no noise and aren't clickable (I guess they act like the white kind??? very confusing!!). Also the vortex at the ferry dock has disappeared, but someone put an orange cone there instead, so maybe everyone has this problem?  Sad 

Plus I'm pretty sure I must have missed something important from Michael Engberg. When he started talking, I backed up and fell through the railings (who knew they weren't solid?). When I got back, he was stuck inside the Game Master bot and wouldn't talk to me until I went back to where he *should* have been. So I don't know what I missed from him when that happened.

Also, are the lake floaties important? I can sometimes see them, sometimes not… it's very frustrating that there are so many things I can't see even when I know they are there.  Mad 

Anyway, at this point, I think it would be easier to restart the game entirely, but when I tell the bot "Start Quest" he seems to make me resume/continue instead of restart.

Ainia

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 18:40

Shorah Ainia,

1- To completely restart the whole game, use the command: Restart Quest. Please note that this command is irreversible.

Embarassed Sorry, I omitted to add this command in the english part.

2- About the vortex which disappears at the Ferry Dock :

If you see a orange cone at the same place that the vortex, it s normal.
Mister Magic has added this cone cuz when a player uses a teleporter (vortex)
this one disappears and the others players can't find it.
I mean that it is a sort of toggle.

3- I ll try to pay attention to your red markers issues. I need to understand what happens.

see u Ainia  sunny 

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top