New Poll --- How do you want Magic-Treasure moves?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Poll --- How do you want Magic-Treasure moves?

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 21:04

Several players are realizing that now, letting a bot every day in age, unable to move, is frustrating if nobody plays with him in this age. 
It also seems that many of you had not seen the first survey on the subject last month. 

For these two reasons I decided to relaunched a new poll. 
This time, whatever the number of voters, the majority will prevail.

I summarizes the problem.
FMT should contain 10 parts. 
There are two robots dedicated to the game 
Game master is stationary and is always at TCity because it must welcome new participants and also allow players to return to TCity to perform certain actions, eg, recharge energy levels.

The other robot, Magic-Treasure, moves from one age to another in order to allow players to play in part that interest them.
It's is necessary that the bot is in the same age than the palyer who want send it commands, otherwise, the bot can't understand them.

Initially, it was possible that players could send the robot to the age in which they wanted to play, as long as the robot was alone.
But there are two problems with this method.
1. If the bot comes an age containing mixology, it may crash.
If it is me who place during a full day to a place, the risk is zero (except a net6 which does not depend on me).
2. Some players remained afk in an age, and, as the robot can not move if it is not alone, no one could move it, except me. So it was the same as if I  put it myself.
So what can I suggest ?

1. Continue with that rules, except that when a new part is online, I let the bot in that age during one week, then move it to another age each day.  This means that when there are 10 parts in the game, the robot must share for 9 days (because GameMaster remains in TCity).

2. With the risk that the bot crash, let the player moves himself the bot, if it is alone. If a player remains in the same age as the bot for more than 15 minutes without playing, the bot can still be moved. 

3. Every Friday, the players give the place, day and time they want to have a bot for the next 7 days. A planing is then held for this period. 

Before starting the poll, I would like each of you give me his opinion. Maybe you have another solution to propose. 
I'd like to find the best solution to this problem together. 
Thank you for your understanding.

I will set the poll so you can vote from April 18. 
You will then have one week to vote.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Poll --- How do you want Magic-Treasure moves?

Post  Mister Magic on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 15:55

VBCoder wrote:would it be possible then to create a third treasure bot and rotes magic bot with the new treasure bot and use the new treasure bot to rotate the treasure quests.  this would make it so the second treasure bot can stay in the current treasure quest.  ( I hope that makes sense)

I can't translate the word "rotes".
Can you explain please ?

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 16:22

sorry, my bad,  rotes is corrected to rotate,  in other words, have magic bot and a new treasure bot switch back and forth, only having one up at a time.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 17:04

I can't figure out how to do multiple cites so it will try another way.

MM says:
There are two robots dedicated to the game 

I am trying to help figure out how to do it with three,  we need to hold off on the poll until this is discussed properly.  I don't think April 18th is far enough out to do that.  some people don't log on that frequently.  are you advertising this discussion as well as the poll?

MM says:
2. Some players remained afk in an age, and, as the robot can not move if it is not alone, no one could move it, except me. So it was the same as if I  put it myself.

If have suggested a way to prevent or at least reduce this by not charging a fee to link with the bot.  it is this fee that make explorers stay with the bot for long periods of inactivity.  this needs to be discussed properly as well.  I see no need for this fee as is doesn't appear to add anything to the game play.  why is it even there anyway.  it would help if I understood why it is there and how it enhanced the game play.

MM says:
So what can I suggest ?

I think we need to discus this before we conclude what the options are and have a poll.  perhaps we can find a better solution.  I asked some question in the thread you closed that went unanswered.  I need them in order to think of these better solutions.  respond privately if you don't want to publicly please.  we need more time, what is the rush?

MM says:
1. Continue with that rules, except that when a new part is online, I let the bot in that age during one week, then move it to another age each day.

if this is to remain, I suggest two weeks, not one.  the majority of users would be wanting to use the current quest and one week is not enough time for everyone to complete it.  not everyone is on every day or for long periods when they are.  i think a better solution would be to have three treasure bot as stated above.  give it some time so we can see if this is at all achievable.

MM Says:
2. With the risk that the bot crash, let the player moves himself the bot, if it is alone. If a player remains in the same age as the bot for more than 15 minutes without playing, the bot can still be moved. 

If this is to remain, I suggest 45 to 60 min of inactivity.  some of these clues require a lot of research (out of the quest) to figure out. I also think, as suggested above, that removing the penalty for 'quit quest' and then 'link/meet' to get back in, would significantly reduce the number of explorers staying dormant for long terms.

MM says:
3. Every Friday, the players give the place, day and time they want to have a bot for the next 7 days. A planning is then held for this period.

I don't understand what this really means, please explain.  how does this impact rotating the bot daily.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 17:12

MM Says:
It also seems that many of you had not seen the first survey on the subject last month.

I think I am understanding how this happened now.  you have the poll in an area (The registered explorers) that I only visited to register in the beginning and never went there again.  I suggest you create a new thread called 'Polls' or something to that effect that would lead one to think it was new and pertinent information.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 19:06

MM Says:

VBCoder says:
If this is to remain, I suggest 45 to 60 min of inactivity.  some of these clues require a lot of research (out of the quest) to figure out. I also think, as suggested above, that removing the penalty for 'quit quest' and then 'link/meet' to get back in, would significantly reduce the number of explorers staying dormant for long terms.

more:
To add to the time one might find themselves in an age with the bot and be inactive is:
When you ask for info and don't get the answer you need, you have to wait 12 minutes to ask again.  if there is nothing else you can do until you get the answer you need, you are suggesting that we quit quest then link/meet back to asks the next info.   this is another obstacle that causes one to perk afk in an age with the bot.  it is difficult at best to wait doing nothing at all for 12 minutes.  just one more reason to lengthen the time before forcing the move, or reducing the wait time, or eliminate the link/meet charge.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 21:12

VBCoder wrote:sorry, my bad,  rotes is corrected to rotate,  in other words, have magic bot and a new treasure bot switch back and forth, only having one up at a time.

I think I iunderstand what you mean.

Magicbot is online 24h/24 because other players need it to play in the 20 magic ages. So, I can't do what you suggest.

I know that the best is to have another treasure bot. I can't do that because the max number of windows of Moula that I can open at the same time is 4: 2 for FMT, 1 for MagicBot and 1 for myself to create new stuffs.

I think I am understanding how this happened now.  you have the poll in an area (The registered explorers) that I only visited to register in the beginning and never went there again.  I suggest you create a new thread called 'Polls' or something to that effect that would lead one to think it was new and pertinent information.

It takes you exactly 30 sec to see if there is a new post on the forum. How ?
On the left top of the homepage click on : View new posts since last visit
Or, on the Portal, you can see a  pop-up window that lists the latest topics. You just click on the one you want to read.

Every Friday, the players give the place, day and time they want to have a bot for the next 7 days. A planning is then held for this period.

I don't understand what this really means, please explain.  how does this impact rotating the bot daily.

If I know in advance who needs a bot such as day hours then I can arrange to place in order to satisfy a maximum number of players. 

For xample, if you tell me that you play every day 3 hours to 5 hours, and you need the robot TGTP, so I try to place at that time in that place. 
I am aware that this is not always possible, if other players need the robot at the same time in another place. But at least it would allow me to try to plan a time to keep everyone happy during the following week.

About the link/meet charge.
Every designer of a game establish its rules. I established that when a player want link with Game Master in TCity it made him use 1 Live Force point and 1 magic point. But it costs nothing to connect to Magic-Treasure! So nothing prevents a player from leaving age where Magic-Treasure is, then come back later, since it costs nothing. So I don't understand your comment about the 15 minutes of inactivity.
EDIT:
I saw that it had not been corrected in Magic-Treasure.
Now, it's done! Meet / link  command does not take over any point!

Now, I resume your  proposals for the future poll:

1. Continue with that rules, except that when a new part is online, I let the bot in that age during 2 weeks, then move it to another age each day.

2. With the risk that the bot crash, let the player moves himself the bot, if it is alone. If a player remains in the same age as the bot for more than 60 minutes without playing, the bot can still be moved. 

This is a proposal from VBcoder. If other players FMT have other suggestions to make, thank you to know after this post.

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 22:04

MM Says:
Magicbot is online 24h/24 because other players need it to play in the 20 magic ages. So, I can't do what you suggest.

well it was worth a try

MM Says:
I know that the best is to have another treasure bot. I can't do that because the max number of windows of Moula that I can open at the same time is 4: 2 for FMT, 1 for MagicBot and 1 for myself to create new stuffs.

How do you have 4 sessions to URU on one pc, I can only have 1.  I am interested in finding out how you do that.  I saw Mal have about 10 avatars online at the same time.  I have been meaning to ask him how he did that.  What OS are you running?  Are you or have you thought of using a VM?

MM Says:
It takes you exactly 30 sec to see if there is a new post on the forum. How ?
On the left top of the homepage click on : View new posts since last visit
Or, on the Portal, you can see a  pop-up window that lists the latest topics. You just click on the one you want to read.

As I said, I ignored any post that was in The registered explorers section as I thought it was only for new users to register.  I can see now that it is used for more than that.  my suggestion was for others that may be making the same assumption that I did.

MM Says:
If I know in advance who needs a bot such as day hours then I can arrange to place in order to satisfy a maximum number of players.

That's cool, but in your quote you said you would place it for 7 days, not just for a few hours.  that is what confused me.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  magicsky on Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 5:47

I have an idea, but first I want to say I know nothing about the bots or if this is possible. It's just an idea. So here goes...

I have a proposal for the elimination of moving M-T each day to a different age. That instead we have a lottery to decide where M-T moves next (when M-T is not alone).

A lottery is conducted each time waiting-players want to play and current-players are using M-T in another Treasure Age. This would be our own variation of Lottery Scheduling for FMT.

Algorithm: Each Treasure Age is assigned some number of lottery tickets, and the lottery scheduler draws a random ticket to select the next Treasure Age that Magic-Treasure will visit. The winning Age is announced and M-T moves to the winning Age (after some delay of T-minutes).

Assignment of tickets is done as follows. The Treasure Age that currently has M-T simply gets the same number of tickets as current-players in the Age with M-T. The waiting-players PM Game Master (in TCity) the Treasure Age they want to go to and each Age is assigned one ticket per request.

Example. The lottery takes place in TCity with Game Master. 
1. A waiting-player PMs Game Master the command 'Lottery'.
2. Game Master replies 'yes' or 'no'. (There should be times/cases when the lottery can not be played)
3. If 'yes', Game Master announces to TCity there is a lottery being held for the next 10 minutes.
4. Each waiting-player PMs Game Master a command like 'TErcana or TTeledahn or TGTP'
5. Each Treasure Age is assigned the corresponding tickets and a random ticket is drawn. (Remember the current Treasure Age with M-T is simply assigned the number of current-players in that Age)
6. Game Master announces the winning Age and M-T moves to the winning Age (after some delay of T-minutes)

Note that the current-players that are with M-T in the current Treasure Age are not disturbed unless they lose the lottery and are asked to leave. The lottery is naturally weighted in favor of the majority, but also an administrator could decide to give certain Ages more tickets etc..

This isn't completely flushed out. There should be rules about how often the lottery is played guaranteeing players a certain amount of time in an Age etc..

Once again I do not know anything about the bots. This may not be practical or too much work. Just an idea.

--Sky

magicsky

Back to top Go down

Post  Korovev on Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 15:21

I worry that a lottery could encourage competition, rather that cooperation Neutral 

Selfishly, choices 1 or 3 would work fine for me: sometimes I can’t log in for a whole week, and when I do, I often end up doing more chatting than playing. Knowing beforehand where the bot will be would help me schedule time (perhaps you could put up a periodical post with the dates and locations of the bot). Besides, I’m still in Part 1 at the moment, so I’m not affected yet, anyway Laughing

On the other hand, by the time all 10 parts will be out, playing solo might possibly get a bit frustrating. So a perhaps more efficient and entertaining way to explore could be, as often mentioned here, to invite new (and old) players to form/join groups, divided by experience level (and other criteria, but experience should be the main one). This could be convenient even for people who prefer playing solo, as they would have defined dates at which to show up.
This way e.g. with option 3, if there is a group of, say, 6 people wanting to do Part 2 and just 1 for Part 3, but that week is dedicated to Part 3, (part of) the week could be reassigned to Part 2. Or something like that.

Veterans of the Treasure Hood (the Fabulous Greeters) could drop by Magic Treasure City to help organize these groups, let Mister Magic know whether the bot needs to be reassigned for the following days/week, do a bit of introduction (for those people who consider the Introductions tl;dr... but vaguely, have them read here!) and maybe check for players in hibernation Wink

Korovev
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 46116

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:41

These two responses are particularly interesting. 

Firstly, the proposed Kororev team play is well within the spirit of Uru: sharing. In addition, the fact of playing in a team,  allows you to group players and thus restrict the movement of bot.
But some prefer to play alone and it is their right too. 

The proposed Magicsky lottery system: 
Ok for a lottery, but I must be there to move the bot. And I'm not always before my computer.Indeed, remember that to move a bot may result that it crash. Therefore, the most secure method is that I move it myself, otherwise we can let the bot move by itself if it is alone.
So, ok for a lottery, but I must be there to move the bot. And I'm not always before my computer.
So we turn round.  Rolling Eyes 

Personally, I think the least bad solution is to restore the bot into free circulation (with SENDBOTTO order) with the risk of crash, and if that happens, that  I put  it online as soon as I'm in front of my pc.

Thank you for continuing to provide me ideas.

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Wed 16 Apr 2014 - 21:04

Good news! 

I thought (yes it happens! lol! ) to a solution to move again Magic-Treasure if it is alone. 

The command SENDBOTTO is available again only for Magic-Treasure,  if it is alone or if players with it will have been inactive for more than 15 minutes. 

All players FMT can use this command.  

I also inform you that the Meet / link command no longer uses Live Force or magic points. So as soon as you no longer play with the bot, quit for free the bot to other players who need it in another age. 

This device is set up today. I will assess if it requires any change in a week. 

If this command works correctly, then the problem will be resolved and a survey will no longer be necessary.

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is this rule indicated now?

Post  Toki on Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 23:03

I am sorry to work as a lot of questions to you. Embarassed
Is this rule indicated now?
Mister Magic wrote:The command SENDBOTTO is available again only for Magic-Treasure,  if it is alone or if players with it will have been inactive for more than 15 minutes. 

All players FMT can use this command.  

I also inform you that the Meet / link command no longer uses Live Force or magic points. So as soon as you no longer play with the bot, quit for free the bot to other players who need it in another age. 
TOKIO and Gumpey often met with this phenomenon.
While we right played a game now, Bot went away to other Age.
We do not stay in the same place more than 15 minutes.

As an example:
spoiler:
TOKIO:
(07/15 04:53:03) To Magic-Treasure: CD 5678
(07/15 04:53:05) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is smaller than the number to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:53:13) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 14 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:53:21) To Magic-Treasure: CD 8765
(07/15 04:53:23) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is greater than the one to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:53:30) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 13 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:53:41) To Magic-Treasure: CD 7890
(07/15 04:53:44) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is smaller than the number to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:53:51) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 12 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:54:37) To Magic-Treasure: CD 8123
(07/15 04:54:38) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is smaller than the number to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:54:46) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 11 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:55:23) To Magic-Treasure: CD 8543
(07/15 04:55:25) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is greater than the one to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:55:33) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 10 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:55:43) To Magic-Treasure: CD 8321
(07/15 04:55:44) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is greater than the one to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:55:52) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 9 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:56:02) To Magic-Treasure: CD 8210
(07/15 04:56:04) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is greater than the one to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:56:12) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 8 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:56:58) To Magic-Treasure: CD 8198
(07/15 04:57:00) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is greater than the one to find. Try again TOKIO.
(07/15 04:57:08) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 7 tries to find the code.
(07/15 04:57:56) From Magic-Treasure: I'm moving to Magic Treasure Ercana. Please wait 30 seconds before link to me.

Gumpey:
(07/15 03:41:37) To Magic-Treasure: CD 1658
(07/15 03:41:39) From Magic-Treasure: The number you propose is greater than the one to find. Try again Gumpey.
(07/15 03:41:47) From Magic-Treasure: You are left more than 1 tries to find the code.
(07/15 03:42:05) To Magic-Treasure: CD 1657
(07/15 03:42:08) From Magic-Treasure: You have found the  4-digits purple number. Congratulations Gumpey!
(07/15 03:42:08) From Magic-Treasure: Congratulations Gumpey! You have found the purple and yellow codes!
(07/15 03:42:16) From Magic-Treasure: This is your personal teleport code to the Nexus room of the maintainers:
(07/15 03:42:24) From Magic-Treasure: 2190
(07/15 03:50:37) From Magic-Treasure: I'm moving to Magic Treasure City of Light. Please wait 30 seconds before link to me.

Toki
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Wed 22 Jul 2015 - 9:40

hello Toki.

The rule is still the same.
I will check if there is a problem.

Good day.

alien

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:02

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top