What do you prefer?

14% 14% 
[ 1 ]
86% 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Moving Magic-Treasure --- Poll ---

Post  Mister Magic on Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 10:28

You certainly know, to play FMT must "Magic-Treasure" be in the same age as you to send your commands. 
It is not possible that it can be placed in an age when other players use in an age other than that in which you want to play.
In addition, sometimes when a player moves the robot from one age to another, it  breaks down and  it is not possible to play. 

I think the best solution would be to place the robot myself, every day, in a different age and no longer move for 24 hours. 
I would like to know your opinion about it. 
Thank you to answer this survey.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Magic-Treasure --- Poll ---

Post  Annabelle on Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 1:34

I'm going with the majority.

Too much bot "shovelling" between ages at the will of each explorer
Latent conflicts among treasure seekers if everyone tries to keep the bot to themselves

Having it in a specific age for one day would make life easier to treasure hunters to plan their adventure timeframe. Knowing the bot would be on Friday, let's say, in Er'cana, can give a go for the ones at that stage to say: "Ok Friday, I'll play the FMT". Because for now, it's too much hard to plan or to make progress, making the FMT a "less-enjoyable" activity in the Cavern.

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Wed 26 Feb 2014 - 15:03

Well!
There is a single reason for which I can be agree with the majority:

If the FMT takes place in a Magic Age where there are "mixologies"
we will not able to move the bot without crash.

So I vote for the second choice.  Very Happy  drunken

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 10377

Back to top Go down

Post  Peke on Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 19:59

I already finished a vote. (as for the older sister likewise)  Wink 

The Age of the Treasure will increase (addition of new Age) in future.
(Because progress is slow, we seem to have difficult that we catch with everybody.  Embarassed )

I hesitate to monopolize one Age, and to play very much.
Are you all right for this unchanged about Magic Worlds only about FMT? (Magic Bot & Mimi Bot)

Peke
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 23:25

Hi Peke.

The vote only concern the bot Magic-Treasure ( FMT ) but not Magicbot or Mimibot.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Fri 7 Mar 2014 - 16:24

Hello explorers. 
I inform you that from now on, Magic Treasure remain for 24 hours in the same age and it will no longer be possible to move it by yourself. 

This means, too, that it is no longer required to be a member of the Treasure Hood to participate at FMT.
 Everyone can therefore play now!  cheers

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Fri 7 Mar 2014 - 23:48

Ah ok. thanks for the info Mister Magic! See you in the Cavern  I love you

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Tue 8 Apr 2014 - 23:07

I wish I knew about this secret poll before.

This means that I can only play every 3 days with this new rule.  what happens when there are the ten quest that are primissed arrive.  we can only play every ten days.

right now there is no one playing where the bot is now and I can't play the new quest that was just released.  what where you thinking when you implemented this rule and then released a new quest?

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Tue 8 Apr 2014 - 23:35

I understand well you VBcoder.
But it is the majority of voters who requested it.
I can not put a bot in each age and I do not know when there will be a player in an age other than where the bot is. So what else?
I do not have Cyan financial resources to buy 10 Computers for 10 robots. If you have a better solution, then I agree to review it.

I can imagine this:
When there is a new part online  is to place a bot for a week there and then follow the rule. What do you think of this?

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 0:14

that would be ok for now, it takes about a week (not all at once mind you) to complete a new quest.

you state that the majority rules on this, only 7 people voted and I didn't see one single announcement in the city about the poll.  your are trying to tell me the there are only 7 people playing your quests are you?  there must be many more than that playing.  redo the poll and announce the daylight out of it like you bots do for everything else and see what the real majority wants.

I didn't really see a discussion in this forum that presented the pros and cons about the two approaches suggested in the poll either.  doing a day at a time makes absolutely no sense when the bot is in an age that has no visitors and someone (like me) wants to play in a different age.  so I am stuck wanting to play and can't, while everyone else choses not to play.  this can't be the best solution.

the way it was before, the bot could only be moved when no one is in it.  who does that hurt?  who does that benefit?  why did that change?  I for one would really like to know why this was even proposed.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:22

Hi VBcoder

Let me tell you two things!

Firstly, as you are a member of our forum you should come and read the news threads.
Like that you would have seen this Poll which wasn't secret.

For the others players who are not members of our forum your observation is correct
but maybe Michel could tell us if some of them have grumbled or asked a question about this rule!

Secondly, the only reason that I made the second choice ( only MM can move the bot)
is cuz in certains parts of FMT  the "mixologies" are used.
Let me give you one example of mixed age : TTeledahn.
As you know, if we move the bot from a mixed age, the bot gets a crash!
So, in this case we need that Michel moves himself the bot.

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 19:06

VBCoder wrote:
you state that the majority rules on this, only 7 people voted and I didn't see one single announcement in the city about the poll.  your are trying to tell me the there are only 7 people playing your quests are you?  there must be many more than that playing.  redo the poll and announce the daylight out of it like you bots do for everything else and see what the real majority wants.

I didn't really see a discussion in this forum that presented the pros and cons about the two approaches suggested in the poll either.  doing a day at a time makes absolutely no sense when the bot is in an age that has no visitors and someone (like me) wants to play in a different age.  so I am stuck wanting to play and can't, while everyone else choses not to play.  this can't be the best solution.

the way it was before, the bot could only be moved when no one is in it.  who does that hurt?  who does that benefit?  why did that change?  I for one would really like to know why this was even proposed.

your are trying to tell me the there are only 7 people playing your quests are you?  there must be many more than that playing.

Oh yes, many more ! 42 for now exactly !
But, unfortunately, they are not all members of the forum.

I am stuck wanting to play and can't, while everyone else choses not to play.  this can't be the best solution.

I see you online since this morning, but you are in your Relto, so not playing with the bot in Treasure Grreat Tree Pub ...

For 2 reasons :
1.If I let players move the bot gain, you must remember that the bot will go in another age ONLY if it is alone. And unfortunately many players don't respect that. They rest in the age with the bot even if they are not playing with it !

2. As LuMagic said before, if the bot moves from an age with mixology to another, he will crash.

What can I do ?
the "least bad" solution is the one I proposed: when there is a new game on line, I will leave the robot there for a week. Then he traveled every day to a different age.

Now, I must say you this.
You seems angry against me because I can't speak very well English. Ok
Maybe must I write the games only in my native language : French ? So it will be necessaéry for you and other players who are not speaking French to translate the sentences.
The majority of players understand that, and are happy I make my best to translate in English.

You said me in PM that we must all speak English in the cave. Why ?!? Are you xenophobic ?
Why not in French , or Spanish, or Dutch, Italian, Japanese or Chinese.?
Do you know hat English is not the first language in the world ?

I think we must accept all languages in the cave and everyboddy can use a translator.

Why not speak D'ni ?  lol!

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 19:35

Yes, I am a member of this forum, but I don't spend a lot of time here,  if every member of the treasure hunt in not also a member of this forum, this is the wrong place to have a poll like this one.  The fact that all members of the treasure hunt where not informed of the poll makes it a secret (or private) poll. 

I see now that this is brought on by technical issues (not that I completely understand what they are) that makes giving the player the ability to move the bot impacts the playing it negatively.  I have no idea how you can solve this but I am sure that as more quests are added, people will lose interest if they have to wait 9 or 10 days to continue a given quest.

it sounds to me that a poll was not even needed.

this is a dilemma indeed.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 20:42

MM, Not angry in any way, I do my best, like others, to understand the translations.  It is just frustration.  I do my best to make recommendations on how things could be phrased to make the more understandable in English.

Just a comment about people camping out in the quest.  This is something I do so I am guilty of this.  I do it because I am trying to avoid the expense of linking back in every time I need to stop playing to do some research and/or do some real life tasks.  before this charge was implemented, I would log off frequently when I was not going to be active for a while.  I would suggest you remove the link/meet charge as a measure to prevent this camping behavior.  it would encourage everyone to quit quest when not active.  I don't understand why this charge was implemented in the first place, it adds nothing to the game itself.

This morning, I went to tgtp and rattled of all the clues I gathered,  all I got was "I don't have enough experience yet".  So I retired my avatar to my relto and fired up another avatar to wander around looking for the marker in fmt10 as this avatar that you saw has already completed all the ages and I didn't want to move the spheres in ahnonay with it.  I am 6 markers short for fmt10 and I was searching for them, it  did not require being in the quest.

As for the translating issue, I am working on resurrecting bablebot that OHB created a while back.  I too am not made of money and it is taking a while for me to acquire the resources for the tools required to build a distributable solution.  bablebot will be able to do in game translations.  it won't be perfect because it won't understand sayings that are unique to a language or the area it is spoken.  It is these sayings that are causing most of the frustrations that I have.

The bottom line, I think you have taken on a large task and are doing a great job.   Don't stop now, as there is only one wrong way to do anything, and that would be to not get the job done. I will help in any way that I am able to.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  VBCoder on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 20:46

Oh, one last point.  I don't believe that I ever said or ever would say that everyone should speak English.  We all need to do a better job in understanding that translations are not perfect and need work to be clear.

VBCoder
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 22:45

I am very happy that you like the game and I'm sorry if some sentences are frustrating. 
Bablebot I know, but I have not used a lot because it was open two windowing system to use. But a new version will be welcome. 

In the meantime, if you find some incorrect sentences in English, you can send me by forum email the correction . This will be my pleasure. I'll correct them in the game.

Thank you in advance  Very Happy

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 3:35

The translations could indeed be bettered if only someone like me could work on them... but I have less than no time to do that job. I will help Angelmyst with her texts for newbies in the Cavern.

The thing that I've seen & experienced a lot is English-Speakers completely disarmed in a non English speaking environment...

YES the World is made of 8 Billions of people. NO not everyone in the world speaks/understands English.

It's a myth. You stay in the touristic paths when travelling. Even on Internet, it's a myth that it's all in English... the biggest part of Internet is in Mandarin, but since we don't collectively understand that language we don't visit that part at all. So if you see mass of young Chinese peeps on the Internet chatting in English for instance, it doesn't mean they all understand English, you just see the tip of the Iceberg.

So before doing criticisms on "Foreign" languages just think that English is a real foreign language for 95% of the World population. There is no rule about the language of URU for instance. Nobody can say: this game has to be played in English! I'm one of the proponents of using my native language in public ages. If you don't understand French...then it should be clear as cristal water: I'm not aiming my conversation toward you. If someone, for instance, is using German, I don't mind at all, if they are talking to each others then that's fine, if they direct the conversation toward me, I don't mind at all neither but they won't have any answers from me LOL  Wink 

Many in the Cavern have been accustomed to high profile explorers like Christine, Mouski, & myself who can switch between French & English at will... You have now Michel who is the most known explorer from French cultural background in the Cavern. Annabelle? Who is she?... Ahh Michel...yes Mister Magic I know that guy!  Laughing Wink Michel never learnt English like we (the first 3 guys) did. He is surrounded by mostly French folks not as advanced as we (same 3 above folks) are in English.

The best for us is to recognize & acknowledge their tremendous efforts to internationalise their works (game, forum, events, bots, ideas, etc...) by keeping in mind that English is a foreign language for them not a language used on a daily basis... (well... with the exception of URU maybe...  Razz )

When I go out on the streets, at work, in any social activities, I hear English, I read English, I speak English, I write English, can I say it's a foreign language, it would be hard to say YES. It's not my mother tongue but at the same time, it's not a foreign language.

When the above guys go out on the streets, at work, in any social activities, they DO NOT hear English, they DO NOT read English, they DO NOT speak English, they DO NOT write English, it's indeed a foreign language for them. It's not their mother tongue & it's a foreign language.

I love you sunny

The best help we can provide them is to politely explain to these guys (especially Michel who is the main & sole driver of FMT) what are their mistakes. Again, it is easier for me since I know the language from which they are translating from. There are some cultural differences between European French and Canadian French though which can leave me clueless like in one of the first FMT marker games; I wasn't able to understand the French original sentence because Michel used an expression only known by Europeans pertaining to the date.

Remember that when you see a text in English written by myself, it's an original text. When you see a text in English written by Michel, Lu or any other French guys (apart Mouski & Christine), it is a translated text from an original French text for the most part.

Last edited by Annabelle on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 5:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ahhh... you know...dealing with childish behaviours...)

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 12:21

OMG, a lots of sentences here ( the full thread).  affraid 

I mean almost more than for the FMT4!  Smile 

Let the God of Translation use this time to help us to write the FMT4 sentences in the right way to  "make sens in english".  study 

BTW, all that I just read make sens for me!

And plz, don't call me Madame Lu.

Thx.

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 13:42

___

Last edited by Annabelle on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 5:21; edited 1 time in total

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 14:34

I prefer Lu, it s more humble.

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 18:15

hello, did not hear about the poll until today. too late to have our say i am afraid, because we would certainly vote against this rule  Sad

an example - today there were 4 players wanting to continue with the PART 4 but could not because the MT bot was staying alone in another age and we could not move it where it was needed. we also realized that we have to wait 4 days to continue the game and when level 10 we will have to wait 10 days to continue !!!!!!!!  affraid  what a pity as we were enjoying the game and looking forward to it.

if one has to wait for several days to continue the game one will certainly drop it at some point. one will start some other game and then play it until the end..... leaving this game behind.

we do understand the crashing issues but they were less harmful than this, to our opinion. the bot crashes anyway. for example it was not on-line for many hours 2 days ago. but a few hours are something one can cope with while several days is another matter all together.

hope you will reconsider or at least make another poll after advertising it in the game through all bots as you usually do. have in mind that many players don't have the time to participate in forums and read long threads. important changes that affect every player, especially those that already play the game for several months, need to be properly announced - through the game and/or maybe even by personally contacting the players who already play the game. certainly more than just 7 people need to be given a chance to have their say in the matter.

thanks for listening.

zesty and kirk of xeniphers

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 20:12

Hello Zesty.

I'm so bored you that I can not put a bot in every part of the game. It is impossible to control a bot if it is not in the same age as the one who sends it an order, except for travel (eg Link).

I am based on the poll last month to establish this rule.
It is a pity that you did not come often enough to see what was happening.
This is the only official forum to be informed of all about Magic worlds and, of course, the FMT.

Yesterday, there were 3 players that completed the part 1. So, i taught they would like continue in TErcana.
If you were in that case, you will certainy agree with that today.

As I told Sohraht last week, I left the bot TGTP for a week for those who wanted to start this fourth part. 
But, as agreed, I also think the other players who also want to finish the game in which they are. For example, there are still those who want to finish the third Part and others who want to start the second.

What can I do ?
I don't have enought money to buy 10 computers!

Furthermore, when a bot moves to another age, there is always the risk that crash because of mixologies. 

But I'll make a new poll announced in both bots. In this way, nobody can tell me that he was not warned. 
And this time I will stick exclusively to the opinion of the majority. 

I am like you, a simple player. I receives no subsidy from Cyan to develop on Moula. I request more respect from you. If you want to quit the adventure that is your right, but there is no need to threaten me.
And last think : It is now useless to send me messages on Face Book. 
I do not often look at this site. The only one that interests me is this forum. So if you want a quick answer (if I'm not busy in RL, like today), send me a message through the MagicWorlds forum. 

Thank you.

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 21:02

nobody threatened you michel ! we just discussed the matter (nicely and politely) and suggested some solutions. and discussing doesn't mean agreeing with everything that you say or decide. discussing and disagreeing, stating ones opinion is NOT threatening. and forums are here to discuss topics and listen and respect other people's opinions without any negative feelings. my post was NOT threatening and NOT negative. i am sorry if you saw it this way.

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Post  Kirk of Xeniphers on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 21:43

MICHEL , DEMAND RESPECT ? WHAT IS THIS ??????????????

Kirk of Xeniphers

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 22:10

(Sorry if I interfere in your discussions but i have something to say)

Well, I am sure we can find a way to contenting ( I hope) the most part of FMT players.
Firstly, I remind you that Mister Magic is a player like you but him he gives us the opportunity
to play on MOULa, the main Shard. (my fav Shard).
I think that is fantastic that is why we (magicworlds players) must help him.(That's why I do what I do)

Have in mind that if players have the time to criticize (understand here : give an opinion  Cool ), they have the time to read new announcements of our forum.  study 

Plus, all the players should read the Introduction of the differents parts of FMT.
In this way (even if my translations are not good) the players could be able to play much better than they haven't any idea of how they must play.
Ok, the old FMT players can help them and That's a good thing.
Mister Magic as well.
Fortunatly, some old FMT players are always ready to do that even if there is no new Part in progress for them.

Now, I know we gonna have a new poll.
I am not sure if this new poll will provide The Solution.
But, I hope that after some new discussions everybody will be aware and ready to continue the adventure in the best way.
I remind that even if there are bots we are not robots.  Cool 
I hope that I have said makes sens. (lol, it s joke)

Hope to see u soon in MOULa.  sunny

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top