Avatar manipulated by another player without permission

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Avatar manipulated by another player without permission

Post  Zesty of Xeniphers on Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 10:51

Hello. MagicKIRK and I have been playing in Magic Kirel yesterday while talking in RL. We did not move in the game and didn't type any commands while out of a sudden Kirk's avatar moved (leaned left) and then a few minutes later it was transported to his Relto. Kirk didn't type anything and did not move his avatar so his avatar was obviously manipulated by another player. There were 3 other players in the Magic Kirel with us. As far as I know manipulating other player's avatar without getting their permission is forbidden in MOULA. We tried to communicate with those 3 players and told them that what they are doing is not allowed but they did not reply. We have those 3 players' names as well as their KI #s. Please advise.
P.S. I know it is possible to move other people's avatars and transport them from age to age by using CWE918 client but it is forbidden to use it without peoples permission and also in the public places. Thank you

Zesty of Xeniphers
magician
magician

Back to top Go down

Re: Avatar manipulated by another player without permission

Post  Annabelle on Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 14:15

The command to move an avatar from an age A to an age B is quite more invasive that you may think...

It would be obvious for you to look for the miscreous in Magic Kirel since you were not alone. That person doesn't even have to need in the same age as you are. I was using this "elastic strip" command on myself when there was a lot of griefing in D'ni-Ae'gura back 1-2 years ago. Since from the public age you cannot use magic command, I was pulling me remotely (to my previous visited age).

Being in Magic Kirel, the name said it...you are in a magic age therefore it's a private age. A public age is one that is open for everyone & controlled by Cyan (for example Kirel). A magic age is a private instance belonging to an avatar named Magic Bot or Mimi Bot. If Michel has no issue with the use of magic commands in his ages (including those of his robots), you cannot go against it.

There's also the way to communicate your anger in a situation. If the person feels threaten by a comment made by another person, they will more likely to act mischievously against that person. They won't cooperate. I already told some explorers to stop using my avatar for some "dance animation" for a while in a gentle manner, they did stop.

Maybe sending Kirk to his Relto was just an error from the perpretor... But if someone would come to me and say: "Who's sent Kirk to his relto!!!! Stop it now!!!" I would just stay quiet... It's all in the way the communication is done. Sending Kirk to his Relto, the code needed to do this involved having his KI. A KI number can be misleading. 23104923 & 23140932 read real fast are hard to distinguish...

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 13:09

There are several things to distinguish here .
First, if a player is in a magical age , he should expect some unusual things happen.

Yes, it is possible that another player dance or make a "lean " without asking permission from the person with whom he wants to do .
However, it is specified in the help notes and  in the forum that this practice should be avoided. As a courtesy , you must ask permission to manipulate another avatar.

Then there is no control in my robots that allows a player to send another in his Relto .

To send a player in his own Relto requires that the manipulator has an internal client , and know the GUID ( a unique special code for each age ) of Relto the one he wants to send .
For this GUID there are two ways . Is being invited in Relto and take this GUID at the time , or use a script that lets you know this GUID when the player is in his Relto .
This is to say that it's not easy to do.cyclops 

Are you sure Kirk was sent to his Relto and not that of another ?
If sent in his Relto , then I have another explanation .
Suppose that the manipulator is placed over an unstable area, levitation, ie where the ground is not solid.
If it leads to another player (this is very easy to do with an internal client ) , the player will fall and get in the panic zone and finds himself in his Relto .

In all cases, when such things happen, we must be careful not to directly accuse some manipulation. This can be a mistake.
But if it happens again, with the same people, then, ask them nicely Laughing , no longer do.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyrositeur on Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 19:46

Mister Magic wrote:To send a player in his own Relto requires that the manipulator has an internal client , and know the GUID ( a unique special code for each age ) of Relto the one he wants to send .
For this GUID there are two ways . Is being invited in Relto and take this GUID at the time , or use a script that lets you know this GUID when the player is in his Relto .
This is to say that it's not easy to do.cyclops 
That's not entirely true. Anyone with the know-how can obtain a list of all the player's owned Ages and their GUIDs, so he could send them to their Relto without having ever seen them there or been there.

Lyrositeur
apprenti(ce)
apprenti(ce)

http://www.lyros.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 9:25

Lyrositeur wrote:That's not entirely true. Anyone with the know-how can obtain a list of all the player's owned Ages and their GUIDs, so he could send them to their Relto without having ever seen them there or been there.
It is indeed possible to do that but not with the internal client we currently use. As you have written to me in private email, you must modify the code and recompile a new client. So who do that should be familiar with the source files. It is not within the reach of everyone and also it would be done intentionally to harm the players.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:02

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top