How to install PlClient918

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install PlClient918

Post  LuMagic on Sat 22 Jun 2013 - 15:18

To install properly PlClient918, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Moula, that is to say that you have received the last up-to-date from the server about the external Version 918.
You should see in the startup window: Version 1.918
You will need a copy of Dat and sfx files.

2. Create a new directory, for example PlClient918.
3. Download cwe918 sources :  cwe918_client.7z 
Unzip the file  where you want.
Look for the  Python file and the SDL file that you will copy to the PlClient918 directory that you have created.
4. Now make a copy/past of Dat and sfx directories from your install of uru live Uru Live as explained in point 1
5. Always unzip in this folder, the file PlClient918x.zip that you can download here

So you should now have in your PlClient918c directory:
- The dat, Python, SDL, sfx file/
- The COPYING.txt, LICENSE.txt, moulagain.ini, NxCharacter.dll, PhysXLoader.dll, plClient918c.exe, plClient918c.vbs, python27.dll, python27_d.dll, ReleaseNotes.txt files and the ressource.dat file.

You will start the game with plClient918c.vbs file (not the exe file.!).
Use your username and usual passwords.

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 10377

Back to top Go down

Re: How to install PlClient918

Post  Wyrm on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 8:25

Hello,
  First, it is hard to read this black on green - any other site colors?  Oh, well....

I have tried to install your PlClient918b and everything looked ok, 
  but when run it says that I am missing a number of dll files. 

msvcr100d.dll
libeay32.dll
openal32.dll
msvcp100d.dll
ssleay32.dll
vsinit.dll

Most of these were not on my system so I download them from (site deleted)
Then I got a message "the ordinal 4445 could not be located .... libeay32.dll"
the ordinal number changed with diferent version of libeay32.dll

A dumb question: is PlClient918b an alternate client to MOULa (Cyan)  ??
  or does it go to a new shard?  

I checked the file listing and it matches your list (b4 I added the .dlls)

Wyrm
 Windows XP pro  

(Google Translate)
Bonjour,
   Tout d'abord, il est difficile de lire ce noir sur vert - toutes les autres couleurs du site? Oh, eh bien ....

J'ai essayé d'installer votre PlClient918b et tout avait l'air correct,
   mais lorsqu'il est exécuté, il dit que je suis absent un certain nombre de fichiers dll.

msvcr100d.dll
libeay32.dll
openal32.dll
msvcp100d.dll
ssleay32.dll
vsinit.dll

La plupart d'entre eux étaient pas sur mon système et je les télécharger à partir (site deleted)
Ensuite, j'ai reçu un message "le ordinal 4445 est introuvable .... libeay32.dll"
le nombre ordinal changé avec diverses versions de libeay32.dll

Une question idiote: est PlClient918b un autre client à Moula (Cyan)?
   ou faut-il aller vers un nouvel éclat?

J'ai vérifié la liste des fichiers et qu'il correspond à votre liste (b4 j'ai ajouté les DLL.)

Wyrm
  Windows XP pro

Wyrm

Back to top Go down

Post  LuMagic on Sun 23 Jun 2013 - 17:16

Welcome Wyrm! sunny

To write more comfortably, I suggest you click on the last icon on the right of the editing window. (switch Editor Mode).

For any questions concerning bots I can help you (I hope lol no I' m sure...) but  for the PLClient it's better to see with Mister Magic.
I'm sure he will answer to you.

sunny

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 10377

Back to top Go down

Problems resolved

Post  AlanD on Mon 24 Jun 2013 - 21:45

Updated: V2
Updated: V3

I have installed plclient 918b, and had to find three files,
OpenAL32.dll (from Uru Live)
LIBeay32.dll and SSLeay32 (version 1.0.1.0 from BOINC manager) It is important that these two files are at the same version number.

Authentication succeeded and took me to "missing PhysX or old version installed.  Install new version?"  Any attempt to install fails, because the setup file is not in the client folder.

The answer to this is to run the PhysX_Setup.exe that can be found from the CWE builds post on GoW

Last edited by AlanD on Tue 25 Jun 2013 - 3:27; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

AlanD
novice
novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Peke on Wed 26 Jun 2013 - 10:19

I often see a person using the command that Bot does not have.
Are these things said to be so-called Plclient?
Is Pl of Plclient Plasma?

Peke
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 3:27

Peke wrote:I often see a person using the command that Bot does not have.
Are these things said to be so-called Plclient?
Is Pl of Plclient Plasma?

Yes, Pl in Plclient stands for Plasma

a Plclient is an internal client meaning you can access functionalities that the end-user shouldn't be able to access using an external client provided by the game developer. I don't know a lot of games that allows end-user to use such clients. The bots runs on internal clients because their developers, for example Michel, have to modify the code in order to run their bots. plClient can serve many other purposes. For instance, I'm using an internal client for my own private testings since the end of 2011 (November 2011). I do have a bot (not developed by me BTW) except this is just the tip of the iceberg for me.

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Internal vs. external

Post  AlanD on Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 8:51

The terminology confused me for some time. 

It's a security classification.

Internal means, more or less, "Internal Eyes Only", that is, for the use of the game developers and testers, not the general public.  The internal client can do things that defy the restrictions built into the game worlds, in order that game development can be done efficiently and quickly.

External means "External users" i.e. this is safe for paying public to use and won't do anything unexpected or dangerous

AlanD
novice
novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 10:15

An internal Client means that the necessary files to play the game are on our computer, internally, while an external client uses files stored on the server. In the latter case, these files are loaded into the memory of your computer and updated at each connection. It is therefore not possible for you to change them, because, if you do that, they are automatically updated in each connection.

However, all players saved files should always be downloaded from the shard in which they are stored, whether internal or external Client . These are the files that say, for example, if you have completed a particular age, or if you have or not such book page Yeesha or if, when you use your book to Ahnonay link, you arrive in sphere 1 or 4.  In short, these are files that save all your progress in the game.

The risk of an internal client is only at this level: Change the backup data on the server. However, to my knowledge, it is not possible to modify the saved data from another player. Only data with the avatar you are playing can be corrupted  in the case of incorrect use of the internal client. The consequences, in some cases, may require to remove the avatar. nul
So be careful. Learn well every command you use with Internal Client study

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AlanD on Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 10:28

Thank you, Michel.

I had not properly understood the difference between internal and external clients.  Your explanation makes it much clearer.  Smile

AlanD
novice
novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabelle on Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 14:55

As far as I know, an internal client is much more powerful than what Michel is telling. Someone with malicious intentions could possibly wreck the server. External vs Internal as another sense...

External means the end-user can only access what the game developers decided they could. For example, in Teledahn, the python modifier for Shroomie controls when and how long you'll see that sea beast. On an external client, you are tied to what Cyan decided in the first place. Using an external client store files locally and affect the servers' files as well (to the extend of what the game developers wanted)

Internal means you can change parameters inside the game itself that can have a temporarily effect or a permanent effect without restrictions of the game developers. How come in one of my Delin (in one of my personal hoods), it's always summer time? How come all of my personal hoods look alike, imager near the classroom rooftop, no tree mushroom in the light garden, chinese lanterns all around, no fountain water, no floor cracks, etc... Coincidence? Hmm...I don't think so. I can affect the server file more than what an end-user should have the right to do. These changes are permanent & they can be seen by other explorers if they come in my hoods. Those changes are harmless. A ResEng can enter the game, select an avatar XYZ, and disable them. They are using an internal client. Those changes in the hands of the game developers are OK since they can control who's in who's out. An end-user doing malicious things or just an end-user not knowing what they are doing (just testing thing...) can do a lot of wrong moves that can affect other explorers gameplay.

So the question you must ask yourself before using an internal client is: to which extend am I gonna play this game? If you just want to play the game normally like 99.9% of the explorers, stick to the external client. AlanD, you were right on the first place, an internal client is for testing & game developing purpose (including developing bots). We are very glad that Cyan allows us to use such clients on their shard. BTW, that's the only main public shard (TOC MOUL, Deep Island, TOC TPoTS, Gehn, Minkata Testing, MOULa) accepting their end-users to make use of such clients. For the rest, it's only allowed to some explorers with admin priviledges. For other smaller shards, it's up to the shard admin.

Annabelle
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Korovev on Sat 12 Jul 2014 - 11:31

Mac users can use this client with Wineskin. You can find the DLLs here. The wrapper should be pointed to plClient918c.exe, with “/ServerIni moulagain.ini /localdata” in the EXE Flags field.

Korovev
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 46116

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top