Changing the attributes of objects

Go down

Changing the attributes of objects

Post  jmp12 on Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 21:49

!Shorah

I'm hoping to learn how to use plclient to change the attributes of objects in uru during the game. For example, I am curious if it is possible to change the location, orientation, color and/or texture of objects in an age.

I've read through the other threads here and understand how to alter sdl variables to, for example, make the DRC webcam appear in a private neighborhood or toggle fireflies in relto. (Thanks to the participants in those threads, by the way, as I have been unable to find anywhere other than this forum that contains that information.) Only a handful of variables in each age are sdl variables, however, (at least so far as I understand.) The objects in an age have other properties stored elsewhere, correct?

Here are a few more specific questions:

1) How does one change the color of a firemarble in a private neighborhood or relto? (Is this possible?)

2) How does one change the location of a piece of scenery, such as a tree? What about the direction it is facing? What objects in the game can be manipulated in this way using plclient?

3) I believe there is a plasma command, "Vault.Dump", which "Prints the vault structure of current player and age to the nearest log file." However, when I try to use this command via the plasma terminal I am unable to find the file supposedly printed to by the command. Does anyone know where it is located? Or am I misunderstanding how the command works?

4) I ask question 3 because I'm guessing that in order to change the attributes of objects in an age I need to know the names of the objects, (and, for that matter, their attributes,) and I thought the Vault.Dump command might give me a list of the objects in an age. Since I'm here asking questions, though, I shall ask, how does one find a list of objects present in an age and a list of their editable, (and, for that matter, non-editable,) attributes?

5) This is actually tangential to the present topic, but does plclient have flymode? If so, how is it activated and used? I used a different internal client a long time ago that had flymode which was activated via ctrl-f, but this does not work in plclient, (or at least hasn't worked for me.) I have also failed to find any plasma commands that might activate or deactivate flymode.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide! Let me mention, as well, in case it helps encourage others to answer, I know Cyan wishes for us to only use "magic" in private ages, and I am being careful to act according to their wishes. I have gotten the impression that the reason so little information is available online regarding how to use internal clients for Uru is because fans wish to avoid providing information to trolls that might help them troll. I understand the sentiment, but I worry that trying to figure things out on my own might be dangerous... unless I set up my own server to play with, but that could be difficult.

Thanks again.

Edit 01: I was able to figure out flymode; I finally located a post on the Guild of Writers forum, (which I can't link to yet because I just joined this forum), that mentioned how to do it. It's Shift+'p' to toggle flymode on and off, and then 'u' for up and 'h' for down while in flymode.

jmp12

Back to top Go down

Re: Changing the attributes of objects

Post  Mister Magic on Wed 21 Mar 2018 - 9:48

Hi jmp12.

To see all objects in the Uru ages with attributes and location and much more, you must use the program PLASMASHOP.
Look at the post of the GoW there : https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/PlasmaShop

Plasmashop is really THE tool you need !

It is not possible to change the color of an object in the game. It is determined in the structure of the object.
But you can modify the color of the clothing and the skin of an avatar. You can also change the color of the fog.

You can move, rotate, change the size of an object only if it has coordinates different from 0 0 0 (you can see that in Plasmashop program).

Yes there is a fly mode in PLClient. The keyboard keys are different depending on the version you are using.

If you need more help look at this forum: https://forum.guildofwriters.org/

Have a good day alien

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190
Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jmp12 on Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 2:02

Thank you Mister Magic! I played around in plasmashop a bit, and I think I'm figuring out how to use it. I successfully figured out how to find sceneobjects and their coordinates, the way you described. Thank you!

Is there a way to change the location, orientation or size of objects within plclient by itself, through the python or plasma consoles for instance, or does doing so require writing python scripts and adding them to the game files? Either way, can you offer more details on how it is done? You do say, "You can move, rotate, change the size of an object only if it has coordinates different from 0 0 0," but I'm wondering what the method is. I didn't see any plasma commands that could be used for this, and I couldn't find any guide to using the python console to change the game state.

It's too bad object colors can't be changed, I really wanted green firemarbles, lol. Smile But no big deal. Thank you again for your help!

jmp12

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 9:01

Thanks jmp12.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the the position, size, orientation of an object with the Plasma console. You must use Python methods for this. It's pure programming.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190
Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

Back to top Go down

Post  jmp12 on Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 19:31

Is it possible to use the python console, (as opposed to the plasma console,) to run the necessary python commands, or is it necessary to write external scripts and add them to the game files? Or, a third possibility, is it necessary to compile a special version of plclient with the added python scripts?

I know a little bit of python, so I might be able to do any of those if I can figure out what python commands to use and how to use them. I looked through the source code for Plasma on github and tried calling a few of the python functions in the python terminal in plclient, and I was unable to successfully call any python functions. (Arithmetic operations work, so I know the python console is working at least for that, but I'm not sure what commands it's possible to call in it. I assume there are some, otherwise why have the console? But I don't know where to find them.)

jmp12

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 0:12

There is a python console included in PLClient. To open it, first open the Plasma console (for me, an AZERTY Keybord, it's Ctrl + %) then ALT + >
This allows you to directly write Python code. but the best thing is to create scripts in a file and call them in the Python console of the PlClient.

Unfortunately I don't have time to explain you much more about Python. I hope you'll find more help in the GoW forum.

alien

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmp12 on Sat 24 Mar 2018 - 2:20

Alright, thank you again!

jmp12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down