End of magical worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of magical worlds

Post  LuMagic on Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 15:35

From Mister Magic

I'm sorry to inform you that my robots (bots and bot Magic Magic Treasure) are no longer visited than very rarely.
That pushes me to leave my PC switched ON, 24/24, for very little participation.

My PC becomes old and I will soon be forced to buy a new one.
As I have no cash to do so right now and that too few players still play with my bots, I have decided to turn OFF their connection.

This will be done after the evening of Halloween Monday 31 October.

I want to thank all those who supported me during the best years of magic into the Cavern.
I do not destroy bots, I will leave them in "sleep" for specific goods occasions, according to your request.

Thank you for your understanding.
See you soon.

Last edited by LuMagic on Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 15:37; edited 1 time in total

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 10377

Back to top Go down

Re: End of magical worlds

Post  LuMagic on Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 15:36

From Mister Magic

First, I thank you from my heart all for your sympathy tokens.
I fully understand your disappointment but I would like to provide some clarification regarding my decision.

Programming the Fabulous Magic Treasury (FMT) completely monopolized my leisure time for over a year because I wanted to create a "game within the game" as perfectly as possible.
I know, for the large number of participants in this game that my goal has been reached.

But for several months, the participation rate has fallen sharply and I notice in recent weeks that there is more new players interested in it (except 1 last week).
In addition, MagicBot is no longer used than like a quick vehicle to go to the public city.

Is it normal that I have to let my PC switched ON,  24/24, in these conditions?
I think you easily answer this question.

Why is this so?
Here MY explanation:
I think the purpose of Cyan is to close to more or less short term the Cavern. The Live brings them nothing, and even, it would cost them money.
As you know, the servers will remain active if there is enough money to do it. However, this money comes from donations from players. I really wonder who gave more money since the release of Obduction? Hard to say since the CAVCON is no longer updated.
On the other hand, Cyan no longer accepting new registrations of players just because they (Cyan Team) spend all their time to Obduction.

Their goal is going to be reached : fewer old players and no new, so fewer donations.
So the excuse about the closing of the Cavern is found : not enough money to keep the servers online, "SHUT DOWN"!

So it will remain only the SHARDS to play Uru Live. But, like many of you, it does not interest me.

However, given the massive participation in the Halloween evening yesterday (OCTOBER 31),
I reconsidered my position and I decided to bring back my Bots  online every weekend (Friday morning to Sunday evening).
Why ?
I found that it was during those three days that the bots were the most requested. In addition, it will allow new players to play the FMT.

On the other hand, it seems urgent to unite to put pressure on Cyan leaders in order that they accept to reactivate the creations of accounts.
This could give a new breath to the Cavern and therefore meaning the daily presence of bots.
I think the best course of action for us to be heard from Cyan leaders is to create a post in their forum Myst On Line by asking that they accept new registrations by arguing that request is needed because we do not want not see the Cavern to die due to lack of players and due to lack of funds for maintenance of servers. Any player who wishes, may then send a reply to this post like "I support this request."

If any of you is fluent in english, please, be free to send  your proposal text here.
If the majority agree with this text, then I will publish on the MOL forum.

See you soon, I hope in the Cavern.
In the meantime, "Rendez-vous" Friday for further Magical Adventures.

LuMagic
GrandMaster
GrandMaster

KI# KI# : 10377

Back to top Go down

Post  Mister Magic on Fri 4 Nov 2016 - 16:36

Further to my post above, here, with his permission, a message sent to me yesterday Sonja. I ask you to please bring your testimony to summarize all the proposals and send it to the site MoL.

Again thank you for your support to maintain the cave and also the magical worlds alive.

Sonja wrote:Dear Michel,
I tried to draft a text drawing attention to a group of potential players that Cyan may not be aware of: People in rent and chronically ill and in bed. I just introduced an interested neighbour to the cavern, who had recovered from a stroke enough to be bored, but unable to take up his job as teacher again.
Of course my modest attempt should be 'dressed up' with facts and arguments, maybe even to propose a reasonable charge for new players to replace the CAVCON.

Here we go:

Dear Vicky,
There is a big discussion here, how to save Magic Worlds and URU live for the future benefit of many people, who so far are not even aware of the existence of these games. Especially those, who resent agressive games, are known to love yours. Remember the big amount of the elderly, who are living without a job, possibly chronically ill and lying in bed. Playing Uru live and Magical Worlds may become their daily occupation and mental support.
Therefore we ask you seriously to accept new explorers. Rather than waiting for donations, a reasonable charge could be demanded after people had enjoyed themselves a certain time, enough to want to continue the games.

Thanks to Mr. Magic, who will provide his bots for the weekends, starting November 4th, we will try to motivate members of the German community, who did not decide to play the FMTs up to now, which means to engage in Magic Worlds. However, obviously we rely on you too, Vicky, to also permit Newcomers to enter Uru now.
Obduction is great of course, but you have to play it by yourself, while Uru and Magic Worlds provide international company and connect people, who practically meet at their 'homes'.
This fact is unique in addition to the excellent history, creativity involved and graphic design.

Thanks in advance
Sonja

*Editor's: Vicky (Victoria Almond) is an Cyan's employee.

Mister Magic #19032, Magic Bot 27527, Mimi Bot 71459, Game Master 26224, Magic-Treasure 24891, Mimi Treasure 21190

Mister Magic
Admin
Admin

KI# KI# : 19032. Mimibot:71459, Magicbot:27527,Game Master:26224,Magic-Treasure:24891,Mimi Treasure:21190

http://magicworlds.actifforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:04

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top